Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer BBQ

We have been very busy getting things done around the house that I haven't had time to think about special meals. There is nothing that says "Let's get some of our projects or cleaning done" better than having a get-together. Our first annual "Back to School BBQ" was a success, but our list (or I should say my list) was a bit too long to get everything crossed off.
Our BBQ fare was simple, the grilled burgers and hotdogs and a variety of salads, some I could eat and others I could not. I made sure to have lettuce out to wrap my burger and saw that a few other guests were eating their burgers the same way. My favorite potato salad is great dish to have for everyone. And because I can't make anything small, we have leftovers for at least a few days. Tonight we had the salads with grilled lamb steaks, cut from a boneless leg. Yum, the taste was great but next time I will marinate them to see if they turn out a little more tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment